The answer is simple: anyone who has an issue with posture and/or motion. Here are six tests that can be performed at home, which will demonstrate whether or not someone should consider chiropractic care:
- Posture Assessment: Have someone check your posture from the side. When you stand tall, your ears should line up with your shoulders. When they check your posture from the front, your shoulder and hips should be level. If you have any abnormalities, this is a failed test.
- Trendelenberg Test: Remove your shoes. Stand on one leg with your eyes closed for 30 seconds. Repeat the test on the other leg. If you are unable to hold this position for 30 seconds or need more than five attempts, this is a failed test.
- Lunge: Stand upright with your arms at your side. Lunge forward with one leg and allow the opposite knee to quickly touch the ground, then come back up. If you drag the front foot back, push off with your front foot or keep your knee to the ground, this is a failed test.
- Squat: Stand upright with your feet approximately shoulder length apart. Squat down past 90 degrees. If you are unable to go past 90 degrees or your heels come up off the floor, this is a failed test.
- Toe Touch: Stand upright and bend forward to touch your toes. If you cannot place your hands flat on the ground, this is a failed test.
- March in Place: Clear some space around you. Close your eyes. Position your arms outstretched in front of you, with palms upward. March in place for 60 seconds. Once you finish, determine if you stayed in place or wandered. If you did not stay in place, this is a failed test.
These are just a few tests that can tell quite a bit of information about your body. Many people who do not have pain, still have abnormal findings with either posture or motion. If you failed any of these tests, consider coming in for an evaluation to determine if combining laser with your treatment will correct these issues.