Why is Physical Rehabilitation important?
Our goal in care at Balance Wellspace is not to simply address your pain, but to address the underlying cause of your pain and get you back to the activities most important to you. When injuries occur, often patients begin to use their bodies in a manner that causes some muscles to tighten up and others to get weak in the process. Without correcting those imbalances in your body, this puts you at risk for re-injuring the same area again and again.
What conditions are helped with Physical Rehabilitation?
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Auto Injuries
- Falls and Traumas
When should I consider Physical Rehabilitation?
- Difficulty finding comfortable positions
- Continued pain even after resting
- Decreased mobility
- Inability to participate in physical activities important to you
- Pre and Post-Rehabilitation
The team provides comprehensive physical and functional exams to identify the condition causing your pain. As an integrated team, we discuss each patient’s goals and course-correct to ensure quality results from care.
What are some things we will work on in Physical Rehabilitation?
Given the goal of our Physical Rehabilitation program is to address the underlying causes of complaints, your program could include the following:
- Proprioception and Balance Exercises (teaches your body to adapt to changes in position)
- Core Strengthening
- Correction of Muscle Imbalances
- Cervical Curve Correction